Frequently Asked Questions
Details of the Event
1. Do we need to bring our own leg straps to the 3-Legged Charity Walk?
No, Christian Action will provide leg straps.
2. Will the participants get a certificate?
1. What is the purpose of setting up the fundraising page?
Participants can forward the fundraising page to friends and invite them to sponsor you for the event. The funds raised will support low-income families in Hong Kong. You can use your fundraising page to see more details about fundraising, raise funds on-line, submit details of donors, and invite your friends to sponsor you. The team leader / contact person can also update the information of the team and / or additional teammate(s) using this page.
2. When will I get my / my team’s fundraising page?
The team leader / contact person will receive a confirmation e-mail. Click on the embedded link to verify your account, and it will send you / your team leader the link to the fundraising page, login ID, and password. You can also log into your fundraising page through www.christian-action.org.hk/charitywalk.
3. How do I personalize my fundraising page?
After logging in to the fundraising page, the team leader / contact person can change the profile photo and team introduction to appeal for support among your friends.
4. I can’t remember the login ID and password of my fundraising page. What should I do?
The login ID is your e-mail address registered at enrolment. If you forget your password, you can retrieve it via the “Forgot my password” function on our event website: www.christian-action.org.hk/charitywalk and follow the instructions on how to reset your password.
5. How do I invite my friends to sponsor me?
You can invite your family and friends to support you through the following options:
- By e-mail: After logging in to your fundraising page, press the envelope icon at the top of your fundraising page. Type in your friend’s name and e-mail address, enter the verification code, then press “Invite”.
- By WhatsApp: After logging in to your fundraising page, press the WhatsApp icon at the top of your fundraising page. Type in your friend’s name and mobile number, enter the verification code, then press “Invite”.
- By Facebook: After logging in to your fundraising page, you can share about your cause on your Facebook page by clicking the Facebook icon.
Donation and Sponsorship
1. How do I sponsor participants on the fundraising page?
You may find the team or team member you would like to support and then click on “Sponsor Me” and add a few words of encouragement. Fill out your information and you are good to go!
2. Can I first make a donation to fulfil the minimum donation requirement and submit the donor details later?
Yes. Participants can first send the minimum fundraising amount, including the minimum donation amount of your participation category and donations of additional participant(s), on or before 5th May 2023. If participants use the fundraising page to settle the minimum donation amount, please fill the “Name to be shown on the fundraising page” and “Name on Receipt” with “To Be Confirmed”. It is convenient for us to follow up with the participants in the future. Participants can also choose to submit donations, donation information or donation records by post / e-mail / fax on or before 5th May 2023.
Participants please submit the sponsor information and donation amount to us on or before 31st July 2023. We will issue official receipt(s) to the participants accordingly. Please note that the name of sponsors must be written in BLOCK LETTERS as per their HKID card.
3. Can I submit my sponsor’s information via the fundraising page?
Yes. You can click "Sponsor Me" in the fundraising page, submit the details of the sponsor and make a donation on-line.
4. How can I compete for the Highest Fundraising Amount Award?
The cut-off date for the Highest Fundraising Amount Award will be on 5th May 2023. You can submit all the donations via your fundraising page, or send in the completed enrolment form with crossed cheque / credit card information / bank receipt / payment receipt by post, fax, or e-mail on or before 5th May 2023.
The participant in each category with the highest donation amount will win the Highest Fundraising Amound Award and be presented with the award on the event day.
5. May I submit the donation after the event?
Yes. Please submit donations via your fundraising page, or return completed sponsorship form with crossed cheque / credit card information / bank receipt / payment receipt, and send to us by post, fax or e-mail.
Friendly reminder: In order to issue receipts, you have to submit the information of all sponsors on or before 31st July 2023. Please note that the name of sponsors has to be written in BLOCK LETTERS as per their HKID card. This will be used for issuing donation receipts.