The Christian Action Social Enterprise Initiative aims to proactively promote being environmentally friendly, create employment opportunities, and further develop our various services to serve those in need through sustainable business models. The initiative was launched in 2003 with the Green Collection Programme and have set up various Community Sales Outlets since then. In the recent years, we have also launched Green Connect, an initiative that focuses on upcycling, and the olive leaf, a floral business. Throughout the years, our social enterprise has become more diverse.
- Promote being environmentally friendly and encourage recycling.
- Appointed as the Scheme Manager of the Home Affairs Department “Community Used Clothes Recycling Bank Scheme” of the Kowloon region.
- What we collect: brand new or used clothing, accessories, toys, shoes, handbags, books, small appliances and housewares.
- Where do we give: For sale at our Community Sales Outlets; distribute to our service users or vulnerable communities; export to developing countries through our green recycling business partners.
- We have collected more than 5,800 tons of clothing.
Community Sales Outlet
- Three Community Sales Outlets. They are located in Yuen Long, Sheung Shui and Kowloon City.
- Follow the idea of sustainable consumption so that resources can be recycled and reused.
- The all new or used items that we sell are donated by members of the public or manufactures.
- Wide ranging items are sold at the outlets, and the selling price is way below the market retail price. Shopping at the community outlets is fun while the proceeds will benefit the community.
- Launched in March 2019
- Advocate the idea of green recycling and promote the awareness of waste reduction in the community
- We provide upcycling and environmental workshops to give a new life to old and discarded products
- We organise upcycling workshops with housing estates, schools and organisations.
- The upcycled products will be sold at the community sales outlets.
Environmental Protection Education
- Co-organise collection events with businesses, schools and churches on a regular basis to promote environmental protection education.
- Encourage the public to care for the environment and donate goods for charitable sales.
- Co-organise green community events to promote environmental protection with local leaders and organisations.
the olive leaf*
- Opened in December 2017
- Flowers have the ability to bring joy and provide relief to everyday life for urbanites
- Provide different kinds of floral products, such as fresh flowers, dried flower, bonsai, flower baskets, flower plaques and flower boxes.
- We select high quality floral and botanical materials to create unique floral products and decorate venues.
- Provide floral workshops for corporates or clients
- Provide floral training to those who are interested to develop their career in the floral industry.
- Provide related job opportunities to low-income families.